Friday, October 25, 2013

1/72 Trumpeter CAIC WZ-10 PLAAF

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I hope all is well and the wars fought by your models don't last too long, plastic soldiers have families too haha. Anyways, things are going good for me. Last week I was very stressed about my mid-term exams this week but it is all good. Anyways, here is a model I particularly enjoyed.

1/72 Trumpeter CAIC WZ-10 PLAAF

I bought this guy on eBay and it showed up well before I expected. Anyways, this model was an easy build with multiple options for weapons. I chose to attach missile pods along with "stinger" missiles and anti tank missiles below those. I built it a different way than I usually do. I put the weapon racks on the stub wings while they were still on the sprue. I do not recommend this as it was hard to get the paint into those tiny places.

Although it turned out good, it is not my best helicopter. My best helicopter is a Sea Cobra (USMC) which I may post about later. Anyways, the cockpit and wheels are Flat Black while over all the aircraft is NATO Black as that is what it looks like in pictures. The rotor blades are Black while the hub is Flat Aluminum. Jet exhausts are Metallic Grey while the missiles are White.


So this is a brand new helicopter being utilized by the People's Liberation Army Air Force. It was a top secret project that only became public a few years ago.

It will probably be comparable to the US Apache Longbow or the Russian Hind attack helicopters. I am excited to see the capabilities of this aircraft, but I hope they won't be used against the west and her allies.

I first experienced this aircraft much the same way as the J10 in the previous post. In the only night ops mission in Operation Flashpoint: Red River, as you are retreating back to safety after accomplishing your mission. The helicopter attempts to take you out so you must duck into cover a lot while at the same time Chinese spec ops troops are being sent after you. It is intense and you never get to see the chopper, but I think you can destroy it.


General characteristics
  • Crew: 2
  • Length: 14.15 m (ft)
  • Rotor diameter: 13.0 m (ft)
  • Height: 3.85 m (ft)
  • Empty weight: 5,540 kg (lb)
  • Loaded weight: 7,000 kg (lb)
  • Useful load: 1,500 kg (lb)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 7,000+ kg (lb)
  • Powerplant: 2 × WZ-9 turboshaft, 1000 kw (1350 shp) each

Performance
  • Maximum speed: 300+ km/h
  • Cruise speed: 270+ km/h
  • Range: 800+ km
  • Service ceiling: 6,400 m (ft)
  • Rate of climb: over 12 m/s (ft/min)
Armament
  • Guns: 23 mm or 30 mm autocannon mounted on chin turret (optional 30 mm or 40 mm automatic grenade launchers, or 14.5 mm Gatling gun)
  • Hardpoints: 4
  • Rockets: 57 mm, 90 mm multi-barrel unguided rocket pods
  • Missiles:
    • Up to 16 HJ-10 air to surface / anti tank / anti helicopter missiles. ADK10 is reported to be the official name of HJ10 missile.
    • Up to 16 HJ-8, HJ-9 missiles
    • Up to 16 TY-90 air-to-air missiles
    • Up to 4 PL-5, PL-7, PL-9 air-to-air missiles

Avionics
  • YH millimetre-wave fire-control radar
  • Helmet mounted sight with night vision goggles
  • BM/KG300G self protection jamming pod
  • Blue Sky navigation pod
  • KZ900 reconnaissance pod
  • YH-96 electronic warfare suite
 (Info from Wikipedia and the model box)

1 comment:

  1. It is a plastic model kit from Trumpeter Models that I ordered on eBay

    ReplyDelete